I decided to set aside a special day for some yummy dinner recipes. Sundays are my favorite. When I was little, we used to go to my Lolo's (grandfather in Filipino) house for Sunday dinners. So here it is. The first Sunday Dinner recipe lineup. Williams Sonoma has a similar baked recipe here and they used rigatoni instead of bowtie. This recipe below is my version.
Bowtie Pasta with Sausage, Broccoli Rabe and Carrots
Medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 pound sweet italian sausage with casing removed
1 - 28 oz can whole tomatoes
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup light cream or 1/3 bar of cream cheese
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 stalk broccoli rabe or broccolini, diced
2 large pieces of carrots, diced
1 box bowtie pasta
1. Saute garlic and onion in olive oil
2. Crumble sausage and add to saute mix
3. When sausage is cooked (brown), add can of tomatoes. Mash tomatoes gently.
4. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
5. Cook pasta according to directions
6. Add light cream or cream cheese to the sausage/tomato mixture
7. Add sugar for a little sweetness.
8. Add the carrots. Simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Add the broccoli rabe. Simmer for another 10 or until broccoli is cooked.
10. Serve over the pasta while pasta is hot. Mix in the parmesan cheese until the pasta is coated all over.
Want some dessert? I just found this yummy recipe from Mary's Blog, Milky Milk. This is her photo and her recipe but I am DEFINITELY trying it out.