I love the fall/winter/holiday season. I love the cool, crisp weather, the leaves changing, my sweet potato soup, and my oatmeal cranberry cookies that I make for Christmas. I make them every year. It is my own recipe and very popular with our friends. So when a friend of mine recently asked me for the recipe. I said to her that it is on my blog. She looked and said that it's not. WHAT? I never posted it? It is my oldest and dearest recipe and I have not put it up on my blog. Well here it is. Finally.
Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 sticks butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup oatmeal (I use McCann's Irish Oatmeal - the plain kind)
1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In electric mixer with dough paddle, cream butter and sugars until light and fluggy.
4. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
5. Gradually add flour mixture a little at a time.
6. Add oatmeal, cranberries, and chocolate chips and mix by hand or with a wooden spoon.
7. Shape dough into little 1 inch balls and press flat into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes until light golden brown (do not overcook!).
That's it! Isn't it easy? Go make them - you won't be disappointed! And just in case you're wondering what's up with the lack of posts this week. Here is why:
Yep - made over 200 Happy Flower headband pieces the last couple of weeks for some of my boutiques. Don't they look so pretty in the box? Whew. I couldn't wait to close the lid and ship them out. And take a look at this Lulu the Owl. It was custom made for an Etsy customer. I am loving Lulu with the funkified look!
I was also so inspired by this post that I decided to try my hand at it. And this is what I got:
I call it The Mommy Series because this new line is inspired by some really special mommies. Within the next few weeks, I will be adding some more headbands and some hair clips as well. So keep checking my shop. And yes - this headband was indeed inspired by one special mommy. She worked so hard making my little niece a custom blanket that I wanted to give her something special as a thank you. Ssshhh.. she doesn't know it yet - it is a surprise!