Friday, August 6, 2010

Meet Nelly.

Nelly

Do you remember my first sewing project? I am proud to say that I bravely tackled the sewing machine (finally!) and produced this sweet doll.



Her face and hair are made out of felt and her body from fabric. I got the tutorial from here - but changed it up just a bit.


I made her a cute little pillowcase dress without a pattern so it is far from perfect. I'll do better next time now that I know the proper way to do it.


Nelly's little maryjane shoes are made from felt too but again, you can see the imperfections. Sigh.


But one little girl thinks Nelly is PERFECT. And that's my sweet girl Skylar. She brought her to bed and here they are in the morning. Nelly will be loved - I am sure of that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherryl. I was just dropping by to see how your summer is going. You did a fantastic job on Nelly. She turned out so cute. It really is hard to believe this is your first sewing project. Great job. Skylar is just precious with her. I can tell, they are going to be life long buddies.

    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete