Friday, May 7, 2010

Don't hate me because I'm VILE.




This is a lovely conversation that I overheard while walking through my downtown area today.
A small circle of women dressed in their designer duds are gushing over this woman's new tote (see above).

Woman #1: Oooooh... I just love it! The hardware looks so good! Love the flowers!

Woman#2: Don't you just love it? It was such a bargain too. It was only 3 grand!

The women giggle and agree on what a steal this lady's purse was. Here's the kicker:

Woman #1: So where do you think we should have lunch? Rosies (a gourmet deli)?

Woman #2: I don't know. Rosies has some fabulous salads but they're a little on the heavy side. I'm not sure if any of you would like that extra 50o calories!

I couldn't stand it any longer. I walk up to them.

Me: Excuse me ladies. I heard that there's a Chicken Joe's that just opened on this block? Do you know where it is?

Woman #2: Chicken Joe's? What's that? {I swear the look on her face was priceless}

Me: They have the most fabulous chicken nuggets and french fries combo in a bag! You should try it - it's out of this world!

Woman #1: Um... It may be up the street some more. I thought I saw a sign. {And you know she is secretly counting all the calories that I am about to consume}.

I thank them politely and walk away - hearing them whisper and know that they are talking about my lunch of choice. I smile to myself, loving it all.


2 comments:

  1. LOL! You rock. (& so does Chicken Joe's.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is priceless.. i would loved to have seen her face!! lol!

    ReplyDelete