But the funnest thing that I've done is to do the 25 Random Things about Me list. I really enjoyed what my friends had to say about them so I thought it would be fun to do it myself.
Here it is, copied and pasted from Facebook:
1. One of the earliest memories that I have of my husband Chris was when we were 5 years old. We were in a wading pool when he jumped out of the water – snorkel and all – and pointed at my apple inspired 2 piece ruffled bathing suit and yelled, “I see your PANTIES!”. I was horrified and started to cry.
2. When we were in third grade, I told my mother that I will marry him one day. We’ve been together for 16 years – married for almost 6, and known him almost all of my life. He is my true soul mate.
3. We had our three kids in three years.
4. I sometimes feel like it’s a blessing and a curse how easy it was for us to have kids. Just imagine that, 16 years ago when we first started dating, we planned to have them then, we’d probably have 16 kids by now.
5. I feel like motherhood has become one of my greatest achievements in life.
6. I’m a good customer. Treat me right and I will spend my last dime on you. I still believe that good old fashioned customer service gets lifelong customers.
7. I’m addicted to TOGS – a local boutique here in New Canaan. Thanks to #6.
8. Thanks to TOGS, I developed a denim addiction. J Brand is my favorite.
9. Thanks to TOGS, I have a closet full of going out clothes. The problem is that there’s not enough of – going out.
10. “When the Elephants Dance” by Tess Uriza Holthe is the best book I’ve read. I love it so much that I’ve read it at least 6 times.
11. “Beaches” with Bette Midler is the one movie that still makes me cry – no matter how many times I’ve seen it.
12. One trait I’d like to have is to be more organized. Really organized. Like Martha Stewart organized. But I think that having three kids ages 4 and under makes that impossible.
13. Ditto for trying to whip up gourmet Martha Stewart meals – although I would very much like to take a real cooking class one day.
14. Be a good friend to me and I will be an even better friend to you – my motto on friendship. It’s not a one way street. Your real friends are there for you during the hard times in your life. That is how I’ve weeded some of them out.
15. I have two brothers but no sisters. I’ve always wanted one and it’s only now in my adult life that I’ve come to realize that sisterhood does not have to come from sharing the same parents but a lifelong bond you form with someone. I’ve found this in my cousin Jennifer – she’s been there in all the low and high points in my life. We even share the same birthday!
16. My current employers are my three kids. I love being able to stay home with them. It’s been six years since I had a paycheck and still have no regrets.
17. I love our dog. We adopted her before we got married. She is our fourth child.
18. If I could, I would fill our ENTIRE house with fresh bouquet of flowers EVERYDAY. I love the way they look, the way they smell.
19. I think that my husband is hot – doesn’t everybody think their husband’s attractive? But seeing him now as a father makes him even more so.
20. If I had some more spare time, I would like to take sewing lessons. I’ve never used a sewing machine in my life and learning to would open up new doors for me.
21. My big hobby nowadays is making hand crafted hair accessories. My daughter Skylar inspired it. You can check out some of my goods at my etsy site: www.skylarscandyclips.etsy
22. I love being creative and making things from scratch. It makes me happy to see that Skylar is starting to follow in my footsteps.
23. A friend of mine once mentioned that having a son is like belonging in a secret society. She is right. I look at my son and am in awe because it’s like seeing my husband as a little boy again.
24. I endured a total of 44 hours in labor with my three kids, including one botched up epidural and 8 hours of agonizing pain.
25. I love seeing all of my kids play / fight/ make tazmanian devil messes together. It makes #24 worth every single minute.
This is so I can share a few things about me.