Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hunting for Eggies.



Our town of New Canaan hosts an Easter Egg Hunt each year at Waveny Park. It was held today, March 28, 2009 and I took my two older kids to join in the fun. Seeing the festivities make me feel so proud to be a New Canaan resident. It was so well organized and there were so many fun things for the kids to do.

$1 for a cookie. $8 for 9 cupcakes. Yum. Too bad I didn't have enough cash...


They had a band and an emcee in bunny ears - they had the kids dancing while they waited for the "hunt" to start


Yes - this is the spot where they "hunt" for the eggs. Aren't they pretty? They are filled with jelly beans, Hershey's Kisses, and Lindt truffles (yes - Lindt!!!)


Nice touch that they divide them between different age groups. And note that it says "6 eggs per child" very clearly. Those of you who took at least two dozen know who you are!!!


Skylar and Deacon sharing a hug before the hunt - I love her bunny ears! Deacon didn't want one because he said he didn't want a "headband"!


The eggie hunt begins!


Poor Skylar only got two because she was too busy looking for pink and purple ones!


Meeting up with friend and schoolmate Valentina

Where to next? The bouncy castle of course! Where we waited for half an hour to get in and the whole thing lasted 5 minutes (seriously!).


So after two fun-filled hours at Waveny, it's time to head home and start eating the loot! And yes, mommy and daddy and baby Peyton got a share too! Can't wait for next year!



Side note: those balloons better last me at least a week! While waiting in line for one, I had to endure a screaming, yelling, tantrum-throwing little girl crying out "I want a balloon! I want a balloon! I want MY balloon RIGHT NOWWWWW!!!!" Good grief. I hope the easter bunny doesn't visit her house anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment