Friday, August 14, 2009

The Bribery.

(January 2006 Deacon at 1 month and Skylar at 15 months)

My 4 1/2 year old daughter Skylar wants another baby brother. BEGGING I think is the right word for it.

Skylar: Mommy, can I please have another baby brother? Puh-leeze?

Me: Skylar, you already have a baby brother (pointing at her 3 1/2 year old brother Deacon).

Skylar: Deacon's not a baby! Look at him - he's SOOOO big! I want a baby brother! I'm gonna ask Daddy!

Well... good luck there. Wish daddy could get pregnant instead of me. But she's right. She never really had a baby brother. Her brother and her are only 14 months apart. She doesn't remember him being a baby at all. He grew up alongside of her. Her baby sister, on the other hand is exactly 3 years younger than her. But at 22 months, she is slowly outgrowing babyhood and Skylar is so pining for another little one.

So she has resorted to bribery. Here are some of the items she has tried to entice me with:



and this...



Skylar: Do you like it mommy? Do you think it's pretty?

Me: Yes, Skylar. I think that it is ve-ry pretty.

Skylar: Okay great. Now can I have a baby brother?

Oh boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment