Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I HEART MY DOG - FINALISTS!

The finalists have been chosen! After sorting through the entries and loving all of them, it was very hard to come up with the top three. I finally had my daughter pick from all the photos. Here are the top three for the photography category:


Fergus

LoveCharles


Teddy

I loved hearing all the stories in the comment division but these two really touched my heart. Read these two wonderful comments from these lucky dog owners:

lfer2002 said:
"I will email you a picture of my boy Ben, he is a staffy x whippet who we rescued as a pup. He is now 5. He is so special as 4 nonths ago he became paralysed overnight by a condition called Hansens Disc Disease. It literally happened spontaneously. He was rushed to the vet hospital wher he was given a 50/50 chance of survival and a remote chance of gaining near normal mobility. He had a long operation removing discs from his back to release his spinal cord and we were told he'd be in hospital forr 2 - 3 weeks and by 2 weeks they'd no better how bad it was. 2 days later my wee boy, my best friend, sat up and tried so hard to stand, his trerier spirit shone through and gradually he battled until he could stand and shuffle. 4 months on he can run along the beach and be almost as good as he was before this awful disease. He has now started a website www.lferr2009.webs.com so others can learn about spinal injury causes and treatments.
He is my best friend and a true battler."



maxandmollydesigns said:
"Max is my beautiful brindle boy! He's a 7 1/2 year old ex-racing greyhound who my partner & I adopted from the Retired Greyhound Trust 2 years ago.

Back then, I was in a pretty dark place: struggling with a job that I hated, my health was suffering & I was forced to take some time out. Max strode into my life & brought a ray a sunshine with him. He gave me a reason to get up in the morning when I could see no other, he motivated me to get daily fresh air & exercise, & he introduced me to other dog (& particularly greyhound) owners who I would otherwise never have met.

Through Max, I became a regular volunteer at my local greyhound rehoming charity, Gracehounds, walking & eventually fostering dogs for them. Along with Molly (our second greyhound, who came along just 6 months later - it's true what they say, you can never have just one!), he is the inspiration behind the art work which I now sell online & at craft fairs, & the key to the new career I have successfully embarked on: dog walking!

I could never buy him enough gravy bones to thank him for the way he has changed my life for the better (although I'm sure he could eat them!). Thank you Max - you're one in a million!"

So there you are - stay tuned tomorrow for the big winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment